Friday, June 15, 2007

New commemorative stamp

Some new collecting news about stamps, which will make my uncle quite happy!



The Stamp Collecting Round-up last week posted about the news that the late President Ford will be presented on a new stamp. The image of President Ford will be on the 41-cent stamp which will be on sale after August 31st. Normally, presidents are given a commemorative stamp on the anniversary of their birthday (once the presidents have died that is), but apparently the family chose to release the stamp in August - Ford's birthday was July 14. ... So now Uncle Bob has yet another stamp to collect (and if he sets me this 'task', I can say I already know - won't he be pleased! :) )





And for origami collectors - and I know you're out there - the Fitful Flog has continued his awe-inspiring designs with the Stellated Curved Tetrahedron Redux. I don't think I'll be doing this one for a while! I barely mastered the butterfly above! (Shut up James :P)

No comments: