Thursday, June 14, 2007

Shopping for the sports fan

I was just trying to find a gift for James, who's a big fan of the 49ers. It's pretty tough because I'm not really into football, and I don't really know what to get him (on a budget too!). There's a few ideas I've had, from buying him something autographed, to buying a jersey... there's just too many options!

I'm kind of thinking of getting him something from this new sports memorabilia shop, called Memothentic. Particularly the: Wendell Tyler Series I 49ers Memothentic "THE FIRST RING". It's all about how Tyler was able to get his first Super Bowl ring, and I know James would love it... I wonder how much these things cost?

Anyway, why I'm so entranced with this as a present is that it not only combines the usual sports memorabilia (autograph, picture of the athlete, and jersey framed), but they also get the athlete to hand write (!!!) something that they remember about the particular photo. It makes it a really great personalized gift!

I couldn't find much info on where these items are sold... oh, now I did. They're sold at NFL Shop... and from the looks of the prices, it's a bit too much out of my price range. But hey, maybe I can save up for Christmas!

No comments: