Tuesday, May 15, 2007

eBay hunt

I’ve been really getting into the posts from ‘The Fitful Flog’ lately. Philip doesn’t just make great origami, but he also photographs them in wonderful ways. His pentagonal compass rose box is such a very nice piece that I wish I could take it home with me (I think he might be offended if I just turned up and demanded he hand it over). Anyway, I just thought I’d give some ‘props’ to the guy, as I really enjoy reading all about his life and his origami in one hit!

This week I’ve been scouring eBay for a present for a friend. He’s really into film posters, and I thought I would get him a Star Wars poster that was autographed. I tell you what, eBay is just the best. Whatever you are looking for, it’s there. I’ve been able to buy all sorts of origami stuff, including some of my favorite origami books. I find it so amazing that so many people have so much to sell – it makes you think about how many things we throw out every day that someone else might have a use for.

Anyway, I think I’ll go and bid on something before it disappears!

No comments: