Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Robbers foiled by coins!

This piece of news has been floating around my group of friends for a couple of days now, and I've finally been able to hunt down the article.

The NY Daily News reported a little while ago on some robbers who were pretty stupid. Three guys broke into an elderly man's home, shot the man in the leg, then stole his safe. The safe had $120 000 in coins, baseball cards and stamps - which was so heavy, the robber carrying it dropped it in a backyard. The really stupid move was when that robber came back later to get the safe!

Unbelievable! This made me and Sandy laugh for ages! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! It's a shame he didn't drop it on his foot and trap him in the backyard!
Just a quick not Paper Nellie, I'm a coin collector from Australia and my wife is an avid origami practitioner :) She actually came across your blog. We are both thoroughly enjoying reading your posts. Keep up the great work!

Yours,
John and Nancy Barlow.
NSW Aust.

PaperNellie said...

Thanks John! Wow - all the way from Down Under!

Tell your wife that she may see me in Australia for the big origami conference this year. I hope I can get some time off school and come down.

I hope you continue enjoying my blog!

Thanks,

Nellie