Monday, May 7, 2007

First post!

Wow! My first blog! I'm so excited!

I know people have been blogging for a while now, but really, I've only just caught on. All my friends have been doing it, and they keep saying for me to get one... and now I have! (So there James :P)

Anyway, I thought I'd start by blogging a bit about my collection, since that's what my blog is going to be about. As mentioned in my profile, I collect paper and origami, but I also like collecting in general. There's something really exciting about going to a yard sale and seeing what you can find. This week I found a great little swap meet that sold all sorts of neat stuff. There was even some ephemera (I'm teaching myself all these new words; ephemera is all types of collectible papers), and I went home with a letter written in the 1840s! I'd post a pic, but I don't have access to a scanner at the moment.

But I do have a pic of some origami I made... hmm, no I don't. Still no scanner!

I'm not really that great at making origami, but my mom got me this Origami calendar, where you make a new one every day. I think it was from 2002, but hey, at least I'm still doing it :)

Actually, I wish I had been in New York this week - though I live in NY, I'm home visiting my folks - because I read on the Post that the American Museum of Natural History had a big sleepover. My kind of fun! The whole point was to get people to stay the night at the museum, and allow them to view displays at their leisure. Not only do you get to camp out 'under the whale', but you get origami classes, midnight fossil hunting, a look at the night sky through the planetarium, plus heaps more. *Sigh...*

The Post even lists a whole bunch of other museums which offer extra activites, which I think I'm going to have to check out at some point. I'd love the 'Roar 'n Snore' in Baltimore!

No comments: