Thursday, May 31, 2007

Harry Potter and the Wonderous Theme Park

If you're anything like me - and the rest of the reading world - you'll love the Harry Potter books. I fell in love with them a few years ago, and since then have been collecting whatever I can on the topic of HP wizardry.

The LA Times recently reported that a 20-acre Florida theme park will be created, with more than $200 million going into it. Hopefully the park will open in 2009. Disney apparently turned down the opportunity to create it, which I guess is kind of stupid on their part, since HP is big business. And even bigger for J K Rowling, the author, who's bound to get all sorts of royalties.

Wow! Imagine all the great things you could have there - train stations with invisible platforms, candy stores galore (with, of course, chocolate frogs!), wand stores, costumes, castles... flying cars! ... Strange creatures! The Times says there will be three areas, the Hogwarts Castle (of course!), Hogsmeade Village, and the Forbidden Forest (brrr... no creepy spiders for me).

Watch the video announcement here.

And in homage to that news, my origami for today is a popcorn box!

2 comments:

Bijoy said...

nice post on "Harry Potter and the Wonderous Theme Park"you have there. very intresting blog you have enjoyed visiting it.
Like to visit more often so be in touh and keep the good work going on,

Warm Regards


Biby Cletus

PaperNellie said...

Thanks Biby! Glad you like my blog; I'll be sure to check your out too!

:)

Nellie