Sunday, May 20, 2007

Finally - a real autograph dealer

Today I went on a trip to find a reputable dealer in autographs. After the scandal of the eBay hunt, I thought it would be better to see the autographs in person. I had a nice stroll around the city, and met up with an autograph dealer at lunch. Very happy! Got a great present for Taki, with lots of physical proof that the autograph is real. I even got to watch a video of the signing! And the dealer was really helpful and nice... maybe we need webcam capability on eBay, so that we can have in-person discussions about the auction. Anyway, it was just good to be able to talk face to face with someone who was an expert on autographs. I showed them the Star Wars poster that I’d bought, and they said it was definitely a fake; he showed me a poster that was genuine, and boy, there was a huge difference in the signatures. The whole day made me remember that there really are good guys out there. Just not all of them are on eBay.

No comments: